Please read carefully each of the items listed below. Your full cooperation and understanding will result in a happy and memorable camp experience for your child.
Check-In & Check-Out
- Camp check-in is every Sunday from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Camp check-out is every Saturday from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- In the event that I am unable to pick up my child on Saturday, it is my responsibility to contact a camp committee member to inform them of who has permission to bring my child home.
- In the event that my child becomes ill or sustains an injury while in the care of Midwest Diocese Camp at Third Lake, Illinois, I, the undersigned parent or guardian, grant authority to the camp clergy or camp staff member to act on my behalf in obtaining medical treatment necessary.
- In the event of an accident or medical need, I will be responsible for all medical or other additional expenses, and will not hold responsible the Midwest Diocese Camp, the Serbian Orthodox Diocese of New Gracanica-Midwestern America, or the Diocesan Kolo of Serbian Sisters.
- I hereby give permission for my child to take supervised field trips while attending Midwest Diocese Camp at Third Lake, Illinois.
- I am aware that while on a field trip, my child is able to make purchases including, but not limited to, snacks and souvenirs.
- All spending money will be deposited with the camp treasurer on the day of registration and my child will receive his/her envelope containing spending money prior to departing for the field trip. Any leftover monies will be collected upon return from the excursion and the envelope will be returned to the parent/guardian at check-out.
- I am aware that cell phones and any electronic devices must be turned in to the camp committee at time of check-in and will be given to camper for use on excursions.
- If my child has severe allergies to certain foods or has special dietary needs (i.e., gluten-free), I am aware that it is my responsibility to provide food/snacks for the week(s) enrolled.
- Wearing clothing deemed immodest/inappropriate by the camp clergy or camp staff member will result in refused participation in camp activities until properly dressed (refer to dress code on packing list and website). If no appropriate clothing is available, I am aware that I will have to return to camp to bring appropriate clothing.
- Any behavior unbecoming a camper at a monastery camp will result in immediate dismissal.
- I accept full financial responsibility for damages caused by my child during his/her stay as a camper.
- I am aware that no refunds will be issued for any reason.
Midwest Diocese campers come to camp to make new friends and catch up with old ones. Campers have many opportunities to get to know one another and become part of the group. While we do not discourage visiting, we also don’t encourage it. If parents would like to visit, consider joining your camper for the Six Flags Great America activity. Of course, all parents are encouraged to attend the Friday night Talent Show.
We usually don’t allow parents to speak on the phone with their camper during the camp week unless it’s very important because it tends to cause a significant distraction for the camper. The best way to communicate is by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll give any important information to your camper in a timely manner.
For the safety of our campers and staff, the following VISITOR RULES will be observed:
- Only immediate family members may visit; no one other than family may visit Midwest Diocese Camp for any reason
- Visitors may visit on the day when campers are scheduled for the Six Flags Great America activity
- On any other day of the week, visitors must prearrange their visit by contacting the director by email: email@example.com
- Visitors should notify a staff member immediately upon arriving at camp
- Visitors must comply with the camp dress code, or they will be asked to leave
- Visitors may not go to the dorm rooms without permission from the staff
- All visitors must leave when evening activities are concluded
- Visitors must notify a staff member when leaving
- Absolutely NO OVERNIGHT VISITORS are allowed at camp