Our field trip to Six Flags Great America amusement park is the most awaited field trip of the week! Depending on their age and height, campers ride the fun kiddie rides or any of the many different thrilling roller coaster rides.
Parents are welcome to accompany us to Six Flags to either chaperone a group of campers or accompany their child. Sign up to join us at Six Flags on the day of registration.
- Campers will be grouped into categories: Daredevil, Medium, Limited Rides, and No Rides
- Campers 12 and older may form a group of 2 or more and be on their own
- Campers and counselors will exchange phone numbers in the event someone gets separated from group
- Campers are required to check in periodically with original group at assigned check points throughout the day
- Campers may not leave the group to be on their own
Things to Know
- Always use the buddy system when using the restroom – never go alone
- Complimentary water is available for campers at all food stands
- Evenings at Six Flags are cold; plan your water rides for the beginning of your day
- You may pack a sweatshirt; it will be available for you at dinner time
- Any prizes won before dinner will be taken back to camp for you
- Campers must wear their Midwest Diocese Camp t-shirt the entire day so counselors and chaperones can keep track of everyone
- If you get separated from the group:
- Stop and look for campers wearing Midwest Diocese Camp t-shirts
- Stay in the area where you are; don’t wonder off to look for campers – your group will notice that you are missing and will come back for you
- When a group notices a missing camper, go back to the last area you remember seeing that camper
- If you are uncomfortable, contact any park worker and tell them you are lost
- We have an arrangement with the park to contact us if a camper becomes lost; you will be taken to a building where we will meet you
Dinner and Departure
- Dinner is at 6 p.m.
- At approximately 5:45 p.m: all groups should walk towards the front gates next to the flags for dinner
- Promptly at 6 p.m. all campers will say prayer and have dinner (don’t be late)
- Departure – the park closes at 10 p.m.
- At approximately 9:00 p.m: all groups should walk towards the front gates next to the flags to board the bus (don’t be late)