Federation of Serbian Sisters
The Federation of Serbian Sisters Circles operates the camps in the name of the Diocese. The Midwest Region Kolo maintains the Camp at New Gracanica. Through a’Camp’Committee’,'the Sisters upgrade the facilities, coordinate the staff and plan the camp season. They also care for the children as if they were their own. Modern Camp facilities are located in the’Administration’Building’,where dormitory rooms, dining facilities and classrooms are available. Besides the Camp Director appointed by the Bishop, there is a’Camp’Priest’each week who attends to the spiritual needs of the children. Counselors and workers provide daily supervision. The atmosphere of the monastery grounds provides an ideal atmosphere for the variety of religious, sports, social and cultural activities that occur at camp.
Good meals, religious lessons, arts and crafts activities, Serbian language sessions, church services, music. In addition there are special treats like the picnic, Great America excursion, Candlelight dinner, talent show and guest speakers.
Guiding Principles of Camp
- Integrate the child into the life of the Church through the life of the camp
- Instill into the hearts and minds of our Serbian children, the religion, heritage and traditions of our Serbian Orthodox Church.
- Learn how to apply this faith to their lives and to practice it within the fellowship of community living.
- See God’s world as a beautiful gift, to be appreciated and used in a good way
- Enable campers to meet children from other church school communities and learn how to get along
- Promote good health habits such as cleanliness, enough rest, proper diet, safety, wholesome exercise and respect for the body as God’s
- Instruct that one is responsible for one’s own decisions; to teach effective leadership skills.
EssayUp – we have staff with well-educated professional writers to help alleviate some of the stress and anxiety that comes with being a college student with our coursework writing service available 24/7.